Thursday 2 September 2010

Bugs!

Granted it does not take much to get me excited, I admit it, when Hubby said this morning "Ribena, I love you but you truly are a froot loop" I had to agree.  After all, not everyone lives with little Toy Story type aliens in their head on a daily basis.

However, each morning I check the blogs that I follow and I get all excited when I see one from the Queen B - she is fabulous and makes me laugh (and a few times has made me cry when reading the trials she has gone through and how strong she stays). 

Today's blog is about a school project that her daughter has to complete.  This project involves a "killing jar" and 30 bugs - in Queen Bs house for a whole number of days!  Not Queen Bs idea of fun and neither would it be mine.

Had Beautiful B come home and said that she had to collect bugs and then kill them in a jar, I would have refused, once I picked myself up from the floor after the requisite fainting spell.  It's not that they scare me; Hubby has a serious spider phobia going on and Beautiful B was bad with spiders before he moved in so I am the resident spider mover, they just make my skin crawl with their nastiness.

I have been reliably informed by a lovely work colleague who has just qualified as a counseller that I do not have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and that I just like cleaning.  Hubby maintains that I still have OCD, its just now Obsessive Cleaning Disorder.  Seriously though, my OCD would not cope with having bugs in my house; alive or dead.  I would lie awake at night worrying.

As much as I hate them, I'd worry about two things; 1, the mess/diseases/nastiness they fetch in the house on their feet and things (even if they are in a killing jar) and 2; the fact that we are killing innocent animals for some science experiment.  I know it happens in reality in science but surely not in my house.

I love the idea of living in the USA, I dream incessently about our upcoming holiday to Orlando and that is 2 years away, but this is the first time I am glad that we don't live in America.  Their school projects sound so much more intense than ours.  The most I did was grow Cress from seeds and wet cotton wool.  I have a fuzzy memory of dissection of a frog or similar in high school but I somewhat recall refusing to get involved and have obviously tried blanking it from my mind ever since.

Now, seriously - go check out Queen Bs blog - she fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment