Friday 21 January 2011

The problem with Facebook......

Well there are many, not the least being the constant refreshing of my "compatability view" but I suspect that is due to a virus Internet Explorer picked up thanks to a rather rude backdoor virus which allows other things to sneak in - no rude comments, I can think of many on my own thank you very much.

One problem is the constant stream of pretty advertisements on the right hand part of the page not least a current one that is displaying a rather fetching pair of Louboutins.

Would I really pay that amount of money for a pair of shoes? Hell No! ..... not unless I won the lottery or some mysterious rich benefactor left me some in a will/gift sort of way.  However, I am rather partial (of all things) to the pretty red sole that is there trademark.

What just the sole I hear you say.  Ah, but I am weird like that - I am rather partial to being able to point out just one part of things I love; for example I am rather partial to a nice pair of biceps on a man, even more if it is adorned with a tattoo - rather than the actual man themselves as a whole package.

In the case of Louboutins, it is not the sole per se because that would just be weird!  I have a thing for red. I like red. As a result I have a pair or two of many red shoes - all with high heels and some with peeptoes.  

In fact, I will forever remember a day in Liverpool sat in a shoe shop for 30 minutes trying to decide whether I could justify buying two pairs of red shoes because I was experiencing too much difficulty choosing between them.  

All shoes are pretty.  Lets remember I had fitted wardrobes built across a WHOLE wall in my bedroom to make room for clothes and even had additional shelves built in for shoes.  The more fabulous expensive the shoe the more likely they are to be honoured with an individual box to protect themselves in.   

However, I have determined that there are some ways in which they could be even prettier.....
  1. Buy more - after all, shoes are like people - happier when they spend time with like minded shoes
  2. Lose some weight - for which there are various reasons, primarily as pretty as they are I have decided that red shoes would be so much prettier than they already are if my ankles were slimmer:
  • my ankles are predisposed to swell even when I am tiny tiny however truly when in a car or on a train for more than 2 hours they resemble everyone elses ankles after a 10 hour flight - so I need to stop travelling with work - now I just need to work out how to work that argument in with the boss
  • my ankles swell during the day - after all, you rarely find an accountant running around all day - face it we sit on our butts which do not help the ankles in any way.  I could always avoid the issue by ensuring that I have two different outfits each day - one involving a skirt and another trousers for later in the day.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment